Things to keep in mind while shopping during the SQWARE MEALS 30-Day Detox, Reboot & Transformation, and beyond!
- Organic when possible, especially greens and foods that are consumed raw! Buying all organic isn’t realistic all of the time, but doing your best to choose organic produce will pay off!
- Grass-Fed, organic and/or pesticide and antibiotic free meats.
- Free-range chicken.
- Cage free or free-range eggs.
- Dairy products that are grass-fed and/or raw or unpasteurized and unprocessed (once 30-day Reboot is over).
- Buy Wild Caught seafood.
- Raw, unsalted nuts and seeds and nut butters.
- Local. Knowing that your food didn’t have to travel far to get to your plate is a great feeling!
- Seasonal. If you buy foods that are in season, they will more than likely be local.
- Products with added sugars and corn syrups
- Products with artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners
- Products containing partially hydrogenated fats and oils
- Products made with soy, including soy lecithin
- Products made wtih processed oils
Rules for Eating
You may recognize some of these Rules from the Shopping Tips section of The Food List. Most are so important that they bear repeating. The quality of the fuel you consume has a direct impact on every bodily function. Do this and you’ll be on your way to eating clean and getting Clean Nutrition from Clean Sources.
- Organic – as much as possible
- Cage-Free or Free-Range Eggs
- 9 cups of Fruit & Veggies (3 cups greens, 3 cups sulphur-rich, 3 cups colors)
- 9-21 ounces of high quality pasture-raised protein (up to 12oz organ meat if possible)
- Lacto-fermented Foods, like Sauerkraut, Pickled Cucumbers
- Nuts & Seeds
- Healthy Fats in Moderation, like Coconut, Avocado & Olive Oil
- 16oz Wild-Caught high Omega-3 Fish
- Seaweed & Algae
- Natural Sweeteners like Honey, Maple Syrup, Molasses, Sorghum, Stevia, Raw Evaporated Cane – limit to 1-2 tsp daily (Organic, of course)
- Gluten-Free Grains – limit to 1 Daily
- Artificial Sweeteners, like Sucralose, Aspartame, Sacharin – ever!
- No Vegetable Oils, specifically Partially Hydrogenated
- Pre-packaged Microwave Meals
- Eat 5–7 meals per day starting 30 minutes after rising. (Note – Shakes count as a meal)
- Log everything you eat and its nutritional content so that you understand portion sizes & caloric content
- Drink a Recovery Shake within 30 minutes of a workout
- Restart normal eating 1 hour after your Recovery Shake
- Eat breakfast or drink shake within 30 minutes of waking
- Eat a high-protein, low-carb bedtime snack or shake within 1 hour of going to bed
- Plan ahead and pack meals, especially when traveling
- When dining out, start with a cup of broth soup (bone broth, if possible)
- Eat flaxseed or chia seed as needed, or use our Get Regular 2x a day, if constipated
- Drink lemon water upon waking and throughout the day.
NEVER DO THIS!
- Microwaving – ever!
- Eat less than 1600 calories a day
- Food shop on an empty stomach
- Eat to full