Coconut is definitely not just for decorating your next luau themed party! Technically speaking, the coconut is not actually a nut; it's considered a drupe, also known as a stone fruit. The coconut tree is highly regarded in many different cultures for being extremely versatile, often called "the tree of a thousand uses" or even "the tree of life." From the meat of the coconut itself to coconut oil, milk, flour and water, coconuts pack a big punch in terms of health benefits.
- Dietary Fiber
- Helps stabilize blood sugar
- Can aid in lowering cholesterol
- Anti-microbial properties help fight off infection & boost the immune system
- High calcium content helps keep bones strong
- Aids in healthy digestion
- Great for hydration & replenishing electrolytes