Flax is valued for its nutritional sources of fiber, lignans, and fatty acids. Lignans are compounds converted into biologically active phytoestrogens by bacteria that normally reside in the human intestine. Evidence points to reduce cancerous growths, especially in breast and prostate regions. It also contains linolenic acid, a healthy fatty acid essential for humans that is difficult to come across in common diets. Although flax oil is beneficial to one’s health, raw or ground flax seeds are much more potent than flax oil.
- High content of linolenic acids-Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Rich in lignan- a type of phytoestrogen (antioxidant)
- Good source of fiber
- Relieves pain and inflammation
- Strengthens immunity
- Cleans the heart and arteries
- Lowers cholesterol and blood pressure