Mushrooms, though classified as vegetables in the food world, are not technically plants. They belong to the fungi kingdom and although they aren't vegetables, mushrooms provide several important nutrients. Mushrooms come in multiple varieties, and have just as high an antioxidant capacity as carrots, tomatoes, green and red peppers, pumpkins, green beans, and zucchini, despite their often white color. The selenium in mushrooms helps decrease inflammation and inhibits tumor growth.
- Strengthens immune system
- Anti-carcinogenic properties
- Prevents & reduces inflammation
- Great for weight management
- Helps regulate blood pressure